Meet our highly skilled and compassionate District Nursing team at Heywood Rural .
Did you know our District Nursing Service provides nursing care with people in their own home to:
- Support and assist people to maintain or achieve their health goals
- Provide information on health care
- Develop a person directed care plan, with the support of the persons family /carer if they choose, that is tailored to the person’s health needs
District Nursing Services include, and are not limited to:
- Health assessment and observations
- Teaching you and your support network about the disease process and chronic health problems
- Medication management
- Wound Care
- Support with Palliative Care
- Medical treatment as guided by your doctor
- Referrals to allied health, specialist nursing and health promotion services
Our aim is to maintain or improve the health of people living in the Heywood and surrounding community.
How to make an appointment?
Ask your Doctor or Practice Nurse to complete a referral letter to receive District Nursing Services.
Once the referral is received, you will be contacted by our Intake Service Coordinator, who will schedule your first home visit.
How to Contact us:
Phone: 5527 0585
Fax: 5527 1177
Team photo: Kaye Childs and Michelle Fletcher (Anna Ross on maternity leave)