Clinton has thirty-three years’ experience as a Registered Nurse, which includes working at the Royal Children’s Hospital, and various hospitals in England. In addition to this Clinton has been a Nurse Unit Manager at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and Grampians Health Ballarat.
Clinton leads a compassionate team who provide care and services within our community, to support people over sixty-five years of age to remain in their own home. Care and support services provided are based on a Wellness and Reablement model, which is all about supporting a person to be the best they can. This is achieved by enabling a person to live their life independently, for as long as possible.
“I really enjoy working with a caring network of people and overseeing in home support services for our clients. It is important to enable access to quality and safe services to allow individuals to remain living at home, surrounded by their familiar environment where they can continue to receive visits from family and friends”.
Services available include:
- Personal Care: shower and hygiene assistance
- Home Care: house cleaning
- Medication support: prompting people to take medication using a blister pack
- Meal preparation: as well as Meals on Wheels
- Home maintenance: lawn mowing
- Social Support: supervised community activities and local excursion programs, this includes group activities at Riverwood Senior Citizens Centre
- Accompanied shopping: to purchase groceries, attend the post office or to pay bills
- In home respite: to provide full time carers with a short break during the day.
If you are over sixty-five and would like to find out more information about how to access and be assessed to receive services in your home, contact the My Aged Care Portal: 1800 200 422.
Once you have approval to receive Commonwealth supported aged care services in your home, you are welcome to contact Heywood Rural Health on 5527 0555, and ask to speak with our Aged Care Services Advisor.